The development of materials is one of the laying stones behind the evolution of humans. We have been able to improve the materials used by us in the daily activities and in the course of it, have been improving the living standards as well.
While metals have dominated the material science genre ever since the Bronze Age, plastics have come up to become the trickiest rival to the metals in the contemporary times. Aluminium is actually the closest rival to plastic because of the comparable properties of the two. This is the reason for a list of Dubai Aluminium companies forwarding the benefits of the metal over plastics.
How is Aluminium better than Plastics?
- Resistance to size variations due to temperature: Being one of the best conductors of heat, Aluminium does not contract at low temperatures and neither does it expand at higher temperatures. This allows the engineers to avoid the excess calculations that are required in order to accommodate the dimensional changes.
On the other hand, plastics have the tendency to sag at excess temperatures which creates several problems when being used under control environment.
- Easier installation: The rigidity of Aluminium is better than that of plastics. This allows the use of Aluminium in larger slabs instead of repeated clippings in the case of plastics. As plastic yields readily to the change in temperature and pressure, it can’t be used in larger slabs but requires periodic nipping and reconnecting at regular intervals in case of usage in long piping systems.
- Superior integrity: While plastics can come in variable shapes in designs, their integrity in face of unfavorable environment is questionable. This means that they tend to lose their character when exposed to extremely punishing climate.
On the other hand Aluminium is known for its stubbornness against the climatic conditions. It offers far superior service than plastics under unfavorable climates.
- Fire resistance: Aluminium has a superior thermal conductivity coefficient than plastics and thus can offer far better fire resistance. In case of plastics, they tend to tarnished and gradually melt when in contact with fire. This becomes a deciding factor when the application demands security of the products stored or being transferred through the encasing.
- Better flow rates and least turbulence in piping: The use of Aluminium piping generally allows dropping down one pipe size when compared to plastic piping. This is due to the fact that Aluminium piping allows better flow rates into the pipes when compared to the plastics. Also there is far less turbulence and therefore better laminar flow prospects are attained. It improves the effectiveness of the piping system.
While it is more than logical to say that newer developments shall be accepted, Dubai Aluminium companies argue that this should not be in the face of loss of applicability. The idea behind Aluminium being preferred over plastics at several junctures is the tried and tested record it holds. It is always better to go for the most trustworthy options when the stakes are high; both in terms of effectiveness and functionality.
Zayn Steel is amongst the forbearers of better metal applications in Dubai. It is considered one of the premiers in balancing the traditional materials with the new innovations to bring out the better products.